A beautiful two double bedroom Victorian terrace located just around the corner from Moorland Road and Oldfield Park train station. Enjoying views to the rear towards Lansdown slopes and benefiting from a level well stocked rear garden, double glazing and side conservatory. Two separate reception rooms, first floor bathroom, extra downstairs W.C & retained period features.
The property would benefit from a little internal upgrading but is offered with no onward chain. See floorplan for room dimensions.
The local area development around Ringwood Rd was started in 1889 with West Avenue. Millmead Rd followed in 1896 and Ringwood Road itself was constructed from 1897. No17 is recorded as first occupied from 1900 – by an engineer called Harry Cox. By 1907, the house was occupied by Ernest Ash, a warehouseman, but Mr Ash moved on by 1909 and the new resident that year was a JGH Pocock (a railway engineer). The Pococks are recorded at the property through to at least 1935 (Mrs E Pocock only), whilst a spot check of later Street Directories reveals a Kenneth Moore resident in 1950 and the current owner’s family from 1961 onwards.
Given the proximity of the Somerset & Dorset railway line (now the Linear Park) and the GWR main line, a large number of the local houses were occupied in the early years of the century by railway workers. Another local industry at the time of building was the Victoria Brick and Tile Company (above the SDR line in what is now Dartmouth Avenue) whilst Chesterman’s dairy was located in Millmead Rd, just around the corner.
For full details (including interactive floorplans and plenty of internal photos), visit our website