In the present market, properties offering the opportunity to add value and stamp your mark on are increasingly hard to find so we are sure this home in need of modernisation will create a bit of a storm. Situated on what is one of Oldfield Parks most sought after roads, this property has been in the current ownership for over 64 years (and in the family for more than 100yrs) and offers the following accommodation; Hallway, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, bathroom and lean to downstairs. Upstairs houses two double bedrooms. There is a pleasant rear garden as well as the huge bonus of a large single garage. UPVC double glazing and electric heating. Loft conversion potential (stnp).
West Avenue first appears in Bath street directories in 1892 although construction started in 1889. Millmead Rd followed in 1896 and Ringwood Road itself was constructed from 1897. Given the proximity of the Somerset & Dorset railway line (now the Linear Park) and the GWR main line, a large number of the local houses were occupied in the early years of the century by railway workers. Another local industry at the time of building was the Victoria Brick and Tile Company whilst Chesterman’s dairy was located in Millmead Rd, just around the corner. First occupiers in the terrace were; No64 Thomas Young (tailor), No65 Frank Lewis (clerk), No66 Henry Smith (mason), No67 John Painter (brickmaker), No68 Ernest Chalker (stoker), No69 Joseph Button (mason).
Full details now available by clicking here.