Three storey cul de sac located three bedroom Edwardian family terrace with two receptions, kitchen, utility, first floor bathroom, long west facing rear garden and garage. Ideally positioned for excellent local schools, the Linear Park cyclepath and Moorland Rd shopping yet quietly situated in this tucked away little valley. Plenty of character charm married to expected modern conveniences and offered with no chain.
Room dimensions on floor plan. Additional photos available via our website.
From our office, proceed south up Herbert Rd. Turn right into Cynthia Rd, left into Bridge Rd, right into Lymore Av and left into Ivy Av. The house will be found on the right.
Ivy Avenue itself is first listed in street directories in 1906, with Nos1 through 4 and 23 through 30 built (although only 4 were occupied by this point). The first resident of the street (at No1) was Richard Rickards, whose occupation is listed as portmanteau maker (in this case, a maker of suitcases whereas in France it would have meant a maker of coat trees/hooks/hatstands etc). This particular property was not occupied until 1914, when it became the home of John Kemp (guard) with neighbours Edward J Cogswell (painter) and Charles Hart (musician). Mr Kemp was replaced in 1915 by Henry Cole (bookbinder) who, in turn, was replaced by a Mrs Lomax in 1916. She stayed in occupation until 1934 when a Thomas White became the owner. Looking further back into the past, the Ivy Avenue area was built up on farmers fields named Lower Ranscombe or Stonybridge.
Paintbrushes and wallpaper strippers needed to revitalise this solid Edwardian three bedroom terrace but the fabric of the building has been well maintained and this would make a fine home just below the junction with Englishcombe Lane and right on the bus route to town. Two receptions, kitchen, utility/lean to and bathroom downstairs. Three bedrooms on the first floor and a level enclosed east facing garden to rear. Double glazing, gas heating, loft conversion potential (stp) and a chance to put your own stamp on the house. No chain. Sole Agents.
Coronation Avenue itself dates from 1906-7 but this property was not built until 1908. The first occupier (William Pinsent – baker) moved in in 1910 along with neighbours Alfred Summers (moulder) and A.W Barber (grocer). Mr Pinsent was replaced in 1916 by Edward G Williams (miner). The nearest local landmark is the Moravian Church on Coronation Avenue – home to an evangelical Protestant denomination founded in 1457 in Bohemia (part of the Czech Republic) and prevalent in England from the early 18th century. However, the largest landmark at the time of first occupation of the Coronation Avenue houses would have been the 230ft high chimneys of the Victoria Brick & Tile Company above the railway next to what is now Dartmouth Avenue.