High Street, Twerton, Bath, BA2 1BY
Occupying the upper two storeys of the building and with its own private front door from street level, this 681sqft two bedroom maisonette is an ideal city base or investment opportunity. Superbly maintained throughout with much more spacious accommodation than its outward appearance would suggest.
Ground floor hall leads upstairs to a large sitting room, bathroom, modern kitchen and second bedroom on the first floor. Up above in the second floor dormer conversion, you'll find a hugely generous master bedroom.
Double glazing and GCH in situ. Kitchen and bathroom fittings recently updated. Local shops within sight on the High St or just over the Lower Bristol Rd on Fieldings Road. Bus routes adjacent. Unrestricted on street parking.
EPC rating E
Council Tax band A
The property is leasehold (999yr lease with approx 965yrs remaining). The freehold is owned by the flat below. There are no current set service charges or ground rent and each flat is individually responsible for yearly buildings insurance contributions.
Ground Floor Hall
Top lit panelled front door, communal meter cupboard, internal door, stairs to upper floors.
Stairs to second floor, radiator.
Two double glazed front windows, radiator.
Handbasin, panelled bath with electric shower over, low level W.C, part tiled walls, extractor fan, heated towel rail.
Double glazed rear window, base and wall units with inset sink/drainer, inset electric hob with hood over and oven under, space for fridge/freezer, fitted washing machine and dishwasher, Vaillant gas combination boiler, radiator.
Double glazed rear window, radiator.
Second Floor Landing
Double glazed dormer rear window.
Double glazed dormer rear window, front Velux skylight, radiator, eaves storage access, overstairs built in cupboard.
The four properties on the south side of Twerton Station (now Nos1 - 4 High St) were constructed in 1825 with a large malthouse behind. Following the construction of the railway, which required the demolition of the malthouse, these four houses became known as Railway Terrace. No4 was the Ring O Bells pub from the 1850s until the mid 1960s. Nos1 and 2 were combined in 1915 to house the Twerton Co-operative Society.
In the early 1900s, the next door terrace (Newmans Buildings) was demolished and replaced by four new houses (Nos5 - 8 High St) but an air raid in Jan 1941 destroyed the western pair of houses leaving Nos5 and 6. The empty space created was filled with the present No7 in the 1990s.