How Hill, Twerton, Bath, BA2 1DL

£295,000 Asking Price Of
Availability: Exchanged
  • Mad240042 07.jpg
  • Mad240042 11.jpg
  • Mad240042 08.jpg
  • Mad240042 10.jpg
  • Mad240042 04.jpg
  • Mad240042 05.jpg
  • Mad240042 06.jpg
  • Mad240042 09.jpg
  • Mad240042 02.jpg
  • Mad240042 03.jpg
  • Mad240042 12.jpg

Property Summary

725sqft three storey character cottage in excellent order with west facing gardens

Full Details

A gorgeous three storey early Victorian 725sqft end terraced cottage with west facing gardens and plenty of character. Meticulously maintained throughout, this is a proper little Bath home just a stones throw from shops the other side of the church. The ground floor comprises of front facing sitting room open plan to the kitchen/diner with access to rear gardens. Upstairs, the first floor now houses two bedrooms and a bathroom whilst the second floor loft room is currently used as the master bedroom. Double glazing and gas central heating. An ideal first home, city base or investment.
Superbly situated for local amenities, Weston Lock shopping, Carrs Wood walks and city access via the Lower Bristol Road.

EPC rating C
Council tax band B
Tenure Freehold

Ground floor hall, sitting room and kitchen/breakfast room. First floor houses a smart modern three piece bathroom and two single bedrooms. Second floor loft room used as master bedroom.

External Amenities
West facing enclosed gardens with fences to side/rear. Patio adjacent to property with small steps leading to lawn and further patio. Shed, gated rear access. Superb views from the garden over the river to Newbridge.

200yds to High St shops to the east, with further amenities (Lidl, M&S, Costa) on the Lower Bristol Rd. Under 1 mile to Oldfield Park station and Moorland Road shops. 1.9miles to the city centre (Guildhall).

Agents Notes
The High St in Twerton was originally part of the main turnpike road out of Bath but this changed firstly in 1828 when the road was diverted at the west end of the High St (and a rank of cottages called Eleanor Place was built on the site of the present Eleanor Cottages) and then, in 1840 as part of the advance of Brunel's Great Western railway, the GWR was forced to construct the Lower Bristol Rd in recompense for driving the line through the village and the houses at How Hill were built across the site of the old turnpike. However, it is not until 1888 that the properties were individually listed in street directories (previously Twerton was only shown in village listings and residents were sorted alphabetically instead of by address). At that time, the owner of this property was James Offer (foreman at one of the Carr's woollen mills), with Joseph Hudd (weaver) and William Ward (engine driver) as neighbours. By 1900, little had changed in the terrace, with the majority of owners still working as weavers, foremen or GWR staff although William Ward had been replaced by John F Bailey (cabinet maker).

Property location

Enquire about this property or call 01225 829040