Ringwood Road, Oldfield Park, Bath
- Three bedrooms
- Two receptions
- 56ft x 16ft level rear gardens
- Off street parking
- Retained character
- City views to rear
- Linear Park across the road
- Convenient for Oldfield station & Moorland Road shopping
- Further potential for re-configuration or extension
Property SummaryHaving been the subject of a great deal of renovation in the last year, this substantial no chain end terraced 1032sqft late Victorian home is now ready for new owners to further adapt and extend into the perfect Oldfield family home. Benefiting from 56ft x 16ft level rear gardens ending in prized off street parking and enjoying superb views to the rear towards Lansdown slopes. Ideally located for Oldfield station and Moorland Rd shopping yet quietly situated in this favoured backwater road next to the Linear Park. Three double bedrooms, two open plan receptions, kitchen with side utility and bathroom. See agents notes for list of recent works completed. Double glazing and retained character. Sole Agents. EPC rating= F
AGENTS NOTES Having been the subject of a great deal of renovation in the last year, this substantial no chain end terraced 1032sqft late Victorian home is now ready for new owners to further adapt and extend into the perfect Oldfield family home. Benefiting from 56ft x 16ft level rear gardens ending in prized off street parking and enjoying superb views to the rear towards Lansdown slopes. Ideally located for Oldfield station and Moorland Rd shopping yet quietly situated in this favoured backwater road next to the Linear Park. Three double bedrooms, two open plan receptions, kitchen with side utility and bathroom. See agents notes for list of recent works completed. Double glazing and retained character. Sole Agents
Since purchase in April 2021, our client has had the following works completed:
- Fully re-roofed, including felting, new drainpipes/drainage, and fitting of 3 Velux windows to facilitate loft conversion into a room
- Render to the back of the house has been fixed and the external walls have been repainted
- Removal of 2 unstable chimneys and rebuild of 1 chimney
- Removal of render from the front stonework of the property
- Full rewire, including setting up an outdoor feed for a future garage/home office, sockets and lighting access for the loft, fire alarms, access for future downlighting in the living room units, and an outdoor light
- Damp proof survey completed and full guaranteed damp proof works to all exterior walls and the kitchen flooring
- Removal of asbestos garage
- Replacement of downstairs external joists and joists in upstairs back bedroom
- Changed internal doors for period appropriate doors
- Fixed broken flooring throughout the property
- Installed bespoke built in units in the living room and utility, and new skirting throughout the house
- Insulated the utility and installed new units/surfaces - including fixtures for white goods
- Completely over boarded and replastered upstairs
- Replastering throughout the downstairs
- Fully redecorated throughout with Farrow & Ball
- New guaranteed flooring throughout the house
- New locks on front and back doors
- Garden landscaping and clearing
Further redevelopment and extension of the property was planned but halted due to change in circumstances.
Construction began on Ringwood Rd in 1898 but it was not until 1905 that this property was recorded as occupied by Alfred Kear (engine fitter & mechanic). At that time, No9 was the residence of the Reverend Gulliford, curate of Twerton and a quick straw poll of other occupations of owners shows 13 GWR staff and 6 cloth industry workers. Mr Kear was in residence until 1935 and was followed by William Parsons (gardener).
LOBBY & ENTRANCE HALL Double glazed top lit front door, coved ceiling, part glazed internal door, meter cupboard, ornamental plaster arch, storage heater, stairs to first floor.
SITTING ROOM Double glazed front bay window, storage heater, fireplace with cast iron inset and tiled hearth, alcove cupboards with shelving above, archway to dining room.
DINING ROOM Double glazed rear internal window, storage heater, understairs storage cupboard.
KITCHEN Double glazed side window, small additional side window, base and wall units with inset sink/drainer, plumbing for washing machine, cooker point.
BATHROOM Lobby from kitchen with door to bathroom.
Double glazed rear and side windows, immersion tank, pedestal basin, panelled bath with electric shower over, low level W.C, part tiled walls, extractor fan.
UTILITY Double glazed rear and side windows, double glazed door to rear garden, base units with under counter space and plumbing for fridge, freezer and washing machine.
LANDING Loft access with pull down ladder, linen cupboard.
BEDROOM 1 Two double glazed front windows.
BEDROOM 2 Double glazed rear window, storage heater.
BEDROOM 3 Double glazed rear window, storage heater.
REAR GARDEN 56ft x 16ft min - patio adjacent to property leading to lawn, second patio/terrace and vegetable patch. Flower borders. Side gated access, fences and walls to side and rear.
OFF STREET PARKING 16ft x 9ft min - hardstanding for one vehicle with storage space to side. Accessed via gated residents only side lane.
Enquire about this property or call 01225 829040
Other properties you may be interested in
£415,000 Guide PriceEnjoying a generous 56ft x 15ft south facing level garden backing onto the Linear Park and superb views to the front down West Avenue to Lansdown - a 908sqft three bedroom two storey Edwardian home offered with no chain. Two original separate receptions and rear kitchen on the ground floor. Three bedrooms and bathroom upstairs. Retained character including original dining room alcove dressers and fireplaces upstairs. Double glazing and GCH in situ. Ideally positioned for Moorland Rd shopping or Oldfield station commuting. Sole Agents. EPC rating = D
£425,000 Guide PriceAn absolutely pristine 930sqft semi detached three bedroom bungalow in the heart of this hugely popular estate, enjoying views over to Lansdown from the beautifully bright extended kitchen/diner. Perfectly positioned opposite the bus stop and set back from the road behind low maintenance gardens. Two level secluded rear garden with access to undercroft workshop and storage. Large front sitting room, hall, three bedrooms (two generous doubles and a good single), four piece white bathroom and a 16ft9 x 15ft6 kitchen/diner. Owner suited. Sole Agents. EPC rating= D