South View Road, Oldfield Park, Bath, BA2 3RW
Enjoying a beautifully sunny south facing garden backing onto green space, a 724sqft extended late Victorian chain free two storey terrace in a quiet side street perfectly located for city and Oldfield Park amenities alike.
Two open plan receptions, bathroom and extended kitchen/breakfast room downstairs. First floor houses two double bedrooms. 31ft x 12ft south facing low maintenance enclosed garden. Residents permit parking on street. Double glazing and GCH in situ.
250yds to Oldfield Park station with Moorland Rd shops just beyond. Equally accessible to Lower Bristol Road shopping and transit routes into the city centre.
EPC rating C
Council tax band C
Length of lease 982 years with 852 years remaining. Annual ground rent £1.74
Double glazed top lit front door, meter cupboard, exposed floorboards, cloaks area, coved ceiling.
Double glazed front window, radiator, exposed floorboards, archway to dining room.
Door to inner lobby, part glazed door to kitchen, exposed floorboards, coved ceiling.
Stairs to first floor and door to bathroom.
Low level W.C, handbasin, panelled bath with shower over, tiled floor, part tiled walls, extractor fan.
Breakfast area with bar seating, tiled floor, base and wall units with wood worktops and inset sink/drainer, inset gas hob with hood over and oven under, plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher, space for tall fridge/freezer, radiator, two double glazed rear windows, double glazed door to rear garden.
Double glazed front window, radiator.
Double glazed rear window, radiator, overstairs cupboard housing gas combination boiler, loft access.
31ft x 12ft - south facing. Paved and decked with flower beds to side. Fences to side and rear with gated pedestrian access to rear lane.
Although the north side of South View Road was completed by 1886, the southern terrace was constructed from 1892 onwards on what was orchards backing onto Caledonian Road. At the time, South View Rd was flanked at each end by Gladstone Terrace (to the east before Denmark Road - then Denmark Terrace and East Twerton Terrace) plus Sydney Buildings and Dorset Terrace (on Brook Road). To the north of South View Rd (next to the Pitman Printing Works) was Twerton East Buildings, Parkhouse Buildings and Elmgrove Villa.
This property was first listed as occupied in 1900 by Richard Mardon (carver), followed by Joseph Wallen (carter) in 1911 and then Henry Frankham (iron dresser) in 1927.