Weston schools history

We are indebted to Neil Jackson for providing us with this snippet of Weston history, which connects neatly with our research on Weston Park/Grove House. Excerpt from “A Weston Miscellany” by Weston Village Townswomen’s Guild, 1999 “In 1795 Miss Resbury Hocker started a school in The Grove. She was helped by Baron Daly who established… Read More



Weston Park Estate history

The origins of the Weston Park Estate date from 1810, when local landowners began to rapidly develop the land between Weston Road (near to the current site of the Old Crown public house) and Royal Victoria Park (opened in 1830). Along with the Leir and Murch families, the four Spurway brothers owned the majority of… Read More